Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Welcome to Ask the Elder Lawyer!

Welcome to Ask the Elder Lawyer!  I've been practicing law for 17 years and focus exclusively on issues affecting seniors.  As the population is aging, there is more need and less resources.  I hope you will use this as a free resource to answer your questions and, hopefully, give you some direction.  Please submit all questions by email and label them:  QUESTIONS FOR ASK ELDER LAWYER.  I will be posting answers as I can.  Important!  I will not publish any names or other personally identifying information with your question, however, if you wish for me to answer this question privately, please state your request in the email.

Some areas of concern I find are surrounding what happens when your parents or spouse becomes ill and needs nursing home care.  Will the house be lost?  What about income?  How will I pay my bills? 

I also get a lot of questions about probate and guardianship, durable powers of attorney, living wills or advanced health care directives, wills, living trusts, special needs trusts, social security issues, medicare issues, and a whole host of related questions.

I look forward to helping you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment